What Personal Information About Customers Does Peach New Media, Inc. Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at peachnewmedia.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, communicating with you and when submitting for credit. In the future, we may use this information to suggest other seminars in your practice area based on prior purchases. By sharing this information with us, you allow us to serve you better.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses peachnewmedia.com. Information from these cookies can help us understand how people use our site and therefore make it easier to get to the products you need.
- E-mail Communications: We may send you an email communication if there is a new seminar available from your Association or in your area of interest.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, many of our Providers send us a list of their members. This allows us to grant membership discounts or give members access to Member Exclusive seminars.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Peach New Media’s features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Peach New Media, Inc. Share the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Provider Associations: We work closely with our Providers to make their seminars available to members and non-members alike. Just as our Provider Associations would collect information to those registering for a live seminar, they may receive similar information from us for viewers of the same seminar online. This allows them to track their seminar attendance and deliver content that is in high demand. If you select the option to receive communication from our Provider Association when setting up your account, they may also receive information to allow them to contact you as requested. In some cases, our Providers also participate in the CLE credit reporting for their seminars and require user information in order to process these credits.
- Credit Reporting Organizations: Some of our users view Peach New Media programs in order to receive CE credit from a Credit Reporting Organization. We will share with those Organizations with any information they require in order to process the requested CE credit.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and web site development contractors. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Individual contractors are also bound by a Confidentiality Agreement that includes keeping your information private.
- Protection of Peach New Media, Inc. and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of peachnewmedia.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Secure web sites should have https:// as the prefix in their web address and there will be a padlock icon on the bottom of your browser. Peach New Media, Inc. is secure when handling account information; you will be directed to a secure version of our site when processing an order or setting up an account.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.